Frequently Asked Questions
How long will the work take?
- This depends on the current condition of your vehicle and the service you have selected. For most ceramic coating details, work usually takes 2-3 days.
Do I have to pick my vehicle up once it is ready?
- No. In fact, if it is raining or snowing, we recommend you leave your vehicle with us. The last thing we want is for you to have to pick up your freshly detailed ride in inclement weather. We have more than enough room to keep your vehicle parked inside our shop until you are ready to pick it up.
What happens if my ceramic coated vehicle is involved in an accident?
- Don't stress! Your insurance company will cover the cost to have the coating reapplied to the repaired/replaced parts once they contact us and we send them an estimate. Be certain to let both your insurance company and body shop know that your paint has a ceramic coating on it. The body shop may need to take extra steps and be vigilant in preparing adjacent panels if they are blending paint. Generally, paint needs to cure for 30-90 days before any type of protection can be applied to it. It is best to ask your body shop what their recommendation is.
Can I cancel my appointment?
- We understand, things happen. In the event you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Why should I not purchase paint protection at the dealership?
- Surprisingly, new vehicles are often not that clean or well presented. Your new car may have sat in a compound for many months before being shipped to your dealer, and then just given a hurried basic clean before being presented. Often, this clean-up is done by people who don't have extensive training, access to the best products, or a lot of time to spend on each individual vehicle. Despite their best efforts, these people may actually end up doing more harm than good.
The long-life protection products offered by many dealers are not necessarily the best available, and are usually applied by the same people who did not have enough time to clean and prep your vehicle in the first place. If their sealant (not ceramic coating) is applied without giving your vehicle the correct preparation, then at best this reduces the effectiveness of the sealant, and at worse seals in contaminants which can degrade your paintwork over time. Spend the same or often even less money on a New Car Protection Package with Sharpline Detailing and you will know that the highest quality products are being applied by professionals who specialize in this type of work, and who will make your new vehicle look truly outstanding.
How do you accept payment?
- Cash, check, or credit.